The Gent (Project #10, December 16)
In order to purchase items from our shop you need to be a
logged-in active member of the Boldport Club.
Pricing and inventory
|The Gent (Project #10, December 16)||£16.00||plenty left|
The Gent is a playful chameleon gentlemen that lights up in the dark.
The Gent's eye is a phototransistor. When it's pointed to light the LEDs are off; when the eye wanders into darkness the five LEDs on the back of the Gent gently light up.
Further information about the kit and how to assemble it is here. (Make sure to read the 'REWORK' section for how to fix a minor fault on the board.)
Other than what comes with the kit you'll need three a 3V CR2023 coin cell battery.
This item will be shipped to you together with the next scheduled shipment, normally on the 15th of every month.
- x1 DPDT slide switch, C&K JS202011SCQN
- x1 5mm phototransistor, Kingbright PT333-3C
- x3 Green 5mm LED, Kingbright L-9294CGCK
- x2 Orange 5mm LED, Kingbright L-9294SECK
- x1 CR2032 battery clip, Multicomp BC-2001
- x1 N-channel MOSFET, Fairchild 2N7000
- x8 390Ω through-hole resistor, Multicomp MCF 0.25W 10K
- x1 820Ω through-hole resistor, Multicomp MF25 820R
- x1 10KΩ through-hole resistor, Multicomp MF25 390R