The Conehead (Project #24, April 18)
In order to purchase items from our shop you need to be a
logged-in active member of the Boldport Club.
Pricing and inventory
|The Conehead (Project #24, April 18)||£16.00||34 left|
The Conehead is the next series of our critter based PCBs (past ones are The Lady, The Gent, and The Monarch). It's an audio circuit that synthesises the sound of a cricket. It uses three oscillators interacting with each other to create the distinctive sound. Using a small speaker and a phototransistor, the cricket will change its chirping frequency depending on the amount of light it 'sees'.
Further information and assembly instructions are available here .
This item will be shipped to you together with the next scheduled shipment, normally on the 15th of every month.
- 1x 1W 8Ω 13mm speaker, Multicomp MCKP1330SP1-4723
- 1x Phototransistor, Everlight PT333-3C
- 1x Hex Schmitt trigger inverter, ON Semi MC74HC14ADR2G
- 1x 47µF electrolytic capacitor, Multicomp MCUMR6V3476M4X5
- 1x 1µF ceramic capacitor, Suntan TS170R1H105MSBFA0R
- 2 x 0.1µF ceramic capacitor, Multicomp MC0805B104K500A2.54MM
- 1x 0.01µF ceramic capacitor, Suntan TS170R2A103KSBBA0R
- 12 x 4.7KΩ resistor, Multicomp MCF 0.25W 4K7
- 1x 220Ω resistor, Multicomp MCRE000029
- 1x 2032 battery holder, Linx BAT-HLD-001
- 1x Small signal diode, Diotech 1N4148
- 1x SPST switch, Apem IKD0103101
- 2x 8cm of 20AWG wire
- x1 Lovely PCB!