The Monarch (Project #18, October 17)
In order to purchase items from our shop you need to be a
logged-in active member of the Boldport Club.
Pricing and inventory
|The Monarch (Project #18, October 17)||£16.00||10 left|
The Monarch flashes its LEDs when its antennae touch. But it's also clever! It uses a clock source and shift register in a particular configuration in order to generate its patterns. Through it, one can learn about the basics of digital design, clocking, and randomness. It is a third in a series of electronic 'bugs', the first is The Lady and the second is The Gent.
This design, as always, is open source hardware; it's available on our GitHub repository
For detailed assembly information visit the project's page.
This item will be shipped to you together with the next scheduled shipment, normally on the 15th of every month.
- 1x 555 IC timer, TI TLC555CP
- 1x Quad 2-input XOR, TI SN74HC86N
- 1x Octal D-type flip-flop, TI SN74HC273N
- 1x IC DIP 8 contact socket, TruConnect DS1009-08
- 1x IC DIP 14 contact socket, TruConnect DS1009-14
- 1x IC DIP 20 contact socket, TruConnect DS1009-20
- 8x 5mm clear lens red LEDs, TruOpto OSR5PA5C31C
- 1x Switch, C&K JS202011SCQN
- 1x CR2032 batter clip, Multicomp BC-2001
- 2x 1µF capacitors, Suntan TS170R1H105MSBFA0R
- 3x 10KΩ resistors, Multicomp MCF 0.25W 10K
- 18x 560Ω resistors, Multicomp MCF 0.25W 560
- 16cm of 20AWG wire