Stringy (Project #14, June 17)
In order to purchase items from our shop you need to be a
logged-in active member of the Boldport Club.
Stringy synthesizes guitar sounds using an efficient implementation of the Karplus–Strong string plucking synthesis algorithm inside of a tiny PIC microcontroller. It can play plays notes over five octaves (twelve notes in each octave) in either acoustic or electric guitar style.
Stringy is a remix of MadLab's 'Funky guitar' who also fully implemented the PIC's firmware.
You'll need speakers, a 9V battery and a piece of wire to act as a 'wand', in addition to the contents of the kit.
Assembly and much more information is available here.
This item will be shipped to you together with the next scheduled shipment, normally on the 15th of every month.
- x1 PIC microcontroller, Microchip 12F1840-I/P
- x1 5V linear regulator, Taiwan Semiconductor TS78L05CT A3G
- x1 BJT npn transistor, Diotec BC547B
- x1 5mm blue LED, Kingbright L-9294QBC-D
- x2 Tactile switch, TE Connectivity FSM4JRT
- x17 1KΩ resistor, Multicomp MF25 1K
- x1 47Ω resistor, Multicomp MF25 47R
- x1 1MΩ resistor, Multicomp MF25 1M
- x1 220µF electrolytic capacitor, Multicomp MCGPR16V227M6.3X11
- x2 10µF electrolytic capacitor, Multicomp MCMR35V106M4X7
- x2 0.1µF ceramic capacitor, Multicomp MC0805Y104M500A2.54MM
- x1 3.5mm jack socket, TruConnect 20-0137
- x1 Battery contact positive, TruPower 18-0596
- x1 Battery contact negative, TruPower 18-0597
- x1 8-pin DIL socket, TruPower DS1009-08
- x1 piece of 20AWG hookup wire
- x1 PCB