Touchy (Project #7, September 16)
In order to purchase items from our shop you need to be a
logged-in active member of the Boldport Club.
We've designed a simple touch and scroll board based on Silicon Labs' EFM8SB1 'Sleepy Bee' microcontroller. The microcontroller comes in a QSOP24 package that has a 0.625 mm pitch (distance between the centre of each pin). This kit could be a challenge to solder, but we like challenges, and we hope that you do too! (We have a QSOP/SMD practice board to help.)
More information on the kit, including assembly and programming tutorials are here.
This design, as always, is also open source hardware; it's available on our GitHub repository.
This item will be shipped to you together with the next scheduled shipment, normally on the 15th of every month.
- x1 8 Bit Microcontroller, Sleepy Bee, EFM8SB1, Silicon Labs EFM8SB10F8G-A-QSOP24
- x6 1206 Reverse mount orange LED, Kingbright KPTL-3216SECK
- x1 12 contact 2.54 mm SMD header, Samtec TSM-112-01-T-SH
- x8 0805 1KΩ resistors, Multicomp MCWR08X1001FTL
- x1 0805 0.1μF ceramic capacitor, Multicomp MC0805B104K500CT
- x1 0805 1μF ceramic capacitor, Multicomp MC0805F105Z160CT
- x1 CR2032 coin-cell battery holder, Multicomp BC-2001
- x4 Stick-on bumper, Multicomp 2565