The TAP (Project #5, July 16)
In order to purchase items from our shop you need to be a
logged-in active member of the Boldport Club.
At a time when powerful processors are so cheap and much of their functionality left unused in a typical application, it’s delightful to look back to hobbyist electronics projects from forty years ago, and admire the optimised design and the skill of those who created them.
In the first edition of Elektor magazine in English, December 1974, a lovely touch-activated circuit was presented. We've re-created it for the enjoyment of those who may appreciate the elegance of the design today.
This design, as always, is open source hardware; it's available on our GitHub repository. For more detailed information visit this page.
Note: before you do anything, note which side the components are mounted. Look for the symbols described here for an indication.
This item will be shipped to you together with the next scheduled shipment, normally on the 15th of every month.
- x13 bipolar (BJT) single transistor NPN, Fairchild PN2222ATA
- x2 NAND gate 4 gate, 2 input, TI SN7400
- x3 Small signal diode 1V Multicomp 1N4148
- x1 bipolar (BJT) single transistor PNP Fairchild BC556BTA
- x4 10MΩ resistor, Multicomp MCF 0.25W 10M
- x7 27KΩ resistor, Multicomp MCF 0.25W 27K
- x3 100KΩ resistor, Multicomp MCF 0.25W 100K
- x1 1KΩ resistor, Multicomp MCF 0.25W 1K
- x2 220pF capacitor, Vishay K221J15C0GF53L2
- x1 47nF capacitor, Multicomp MC0805B472K500A5.08MM
- x2 14-pin IC DIP socket , TE Connectivity 1-2199298-3
- x1 20-contacts 2.54 mm header, Multicomp MC34739